Sunday, January 27, 2013

Mint Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies

One of my favorite food/flavor combinations is mint and chocolate. So when I found this recipe today for chocolate chip oreo cookies I decided to use the clearance holiday Oreo wannabe cookies that I bought from Aldi for 89 cents and make a mint version.


Let me preface this by saying that this is not an original recipe by me but an adapted one. I merely doubled and added extra. For the original recipe go check out the cute little baker Kim from Lovin' from the Oven and her Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies.


Ingredients:

2 sticks softened butter
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
2 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2/3 package of crushed mint Oreos (about 20 Oreos)
2 cups milk chocolate chips.





Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter and sugars. Add egg, vanilla and peppermint extract.
  2. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients then stir in oreo mixture and chocolate chips.
  3. Mold cookie dough balls to about the size of golf balls then flatten slightly before placing on cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or just slightly golden, but still soft. Cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before placing on a plate or eating.

* Makes about 4 dozen cookies


Eat up! 

We have Downton Abbey viewing parties on Sunday evenings with a big group of friends where we eat together and hang out for the couple hours before it airs. Tonight is potluck style so I will be bringing these little yummies as my dish tonight. My friend Katherine is baking lemon lime bars right now and they smell amazing! We'd rather bake than cook. 

Speaking of Downton Abbey can we just talk about how awesome Maggie Smith is? She has to be one of my favorite actresses and she's so classy! I don't believe I have seen her play a role yet that I haven't been impressed with. All of the dowager's quick comments have me in stitches.  

check out these Paper dolls by Kyle Hilton
I love the variety in her facial expressions. haha



Dylan and I have already watched season 3  (it aired last year in Britain and we know some pirates who lent the episodes to us) so we are just re-watching it with our friends, but its fun to watch again. It has given me a chance to focus on the little remarks the dowager snaps. And it's just a great excuse to eat good food with rad friends.

Happy Downton viewing night and let me know how your cookies turn out or if you have a fun new twist for them.

classy like Maggie Smith
-Zon

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

linkwithin

linkwithin